This exhibition will highlight the use of Fiber Arts as media and process towards artistic expression. Using traditional and contemporary techniques and materials, the exhibit will feature original handcrafted works in basketry, bead work, clothing design, crochet, dyeing, felting, knitting, needlework, paper art, quilting, surface design, weaving and much more.
We are no longer accepting entries for this exhibition.
Exhibit Dates: Wednesday to Saturday: Wednesday, August 20 thru Friday, September 26, 2014 from 1 to 5 pm.
Pick-up of accepted work: Saturday, September 27, 2014 from 10 am to 1 pm.
Viewers Choice votes will be collected throughout the show until 9/17 at 5pm.
- Best in show $100
- 3 Honorable Mentions at $50 each
- T-Shirt Challenge* $50 (Fiber Friday Shared Interest Members Only)
Viewers Choice Award Winners will be announced on Thursday, September 18, 2014
Basketry, bead work, braiding, clothing design, crochet, dyeing, embroidery, felting, hooking, knitting, lacework, mixed media, needlework, paper art*, quilting, sculpture, sewing, spinning, surface design, textile design and weaving.
Fiber and/or fiber techniques must be both a significant and integral element in each piece submitted.
*Paper art is the collection of art forms employing paper or card as the primary artistic medium for the creation of collage work or three-dimensional objects. (revised 8/1/14)
Manufactured parts or items can be used in or to embellish the art piece, but the primary components must be original creations of the artist.
The Fiber, Fabric & Paper Arts Show is open to all artists age 17 and over.
All works entered must be original creations by the artists and not previously exhibited at the BelmarArts.
A maximum of two pieces may be submitted. *Fiber Friday Members may submit an additional entry in the T-shirt challenge category.
This show is non-juried but acceptance into show is not guaranteed. All entries must meet the conditions outlined by the show committee. Unless you are notified by the show committee by email that your entry does not qualify for this exhibit, please prepare your work for intake on August 16 from 10am-1pm. No acceptance notices are sent.
Online Entry Form and Guidelines
Entry fee payable online at the time of entry to BelmarArts via credit card, echeck or PayPal (non-refundable.) No onsite registrations please.
$10.00 per piece – BelmarArts Member / maximum 2 pieces.
$15.00 per piece – Non-BelmarArts Member / maximum 2 pieces.
Restricted to Fiber Friday Shared Interest Group Members. Entry in the challenge is optional and in addition to (2) show entries. All Fiber artists are warmly welcomed to join the group. For more information, www.belmararts.org/shared-interest-groups/fiber-fridays/
Conditions and Artist Instructions
- Accepted work must be ready to display and must include all display hardware, pedestals or armature with clear installation instructions.
- Two-dimensional work will hang against walls. Hanging hardware must be supplied by artist. No screws or bolts for hanging are allowed.
- Maximum size of two-dimensional work is 48” in any direction.
- A 25 lb. maximum weight for work intended to be hung on the walls including hardware and/or armature.
- Three dimensional work will be free-standing or placed on pedestals. Pedestals or armatures must be supplied by artist.
- A three dimensional work is limited to a weight of 60 pounds or less.
- Work that is not appropriately prepared for hanging or is outside the size limit will not be accepted.
- Work delivered to the BelmarArts must be the same pieces for which images were submitted. No substitutions. Accepted pieces are committed for the duration of the show.
- Work must be hand-delivered to the BelmarArts. The BelmarArts is not equipped to receive or return parcels sent by mail or delivery service.
BelmarArts reserves the right to reject any work that is not wired or otherwise display ready, or is outside the size and weight specifications listed above.
Art sold is subject to a 30% commission fee for BelmarArts members/ 40% for nonmembers. If not for sale, put NFS clearly on form. Sales tax will be added to the price of the work sold. Remittance of NJ Sales Tax will be handled by BelmarArts. All artists with sales commissions of $600.00 or more per calendar year are required to furnish their SS# or Tax Id# to BelmarArts. A 1099 for taxable income will be issued by BelmarArts for sales commissions of $600.00 or higher. Commissions will be mailed out after the show closes.
The BelmarArts will make every effort to treat your artwork with care. However, work is submitted at the artist’s risk. BelmarArts and the Art Show Committee will not be held liable for lost or damaged work. Artists are responsible for insuring their work from delivery to pick-up.
BelmarArts reserves the right to use digital images of accepted and exhibited artworks for the sole purpose of media and website PR and advertising for the Fiber, Fabric & Paper Arts Show.
Late Pick-up Penalty
Work must be picked up the day and time advertised. A $1.00/ per day fee will be charged per piece left after the time of pickup. If you cannot pick up your work during the advertised time, you must arrange for a friend to pick it up. Work left beyond two weeks after the advertised pick-up date will be considered abandoned. Abandoned work will become the property of the Belmar Arts Council and will be sold at auction to benefit the BelmarArts.
Questions: Contact Sally Behler, Show Director at firstname.lastname@example.org